Cowslips ® and CowSlips ® Plus
Newest and most effective orthopedic shoes (foot blocks) developed as an aid in the treatment of lameness in cattle.
NOW AVAILABLE IN USA!
- Developed by veterinary surgeons
- Fitted to the healthy claw, thus taking weight off the damaged claw
- Raised, non-slip latticed sole alleviates pressure and pain
- Mixing adhesive in shoe permits cleaner, easier, faster application within minutes - Fast curing adhesive provided
- Increases mobility thus improving milk yield or weight gain
- Standard size, right and left
- Manufactured from recycled hard-wearing PVC
COWSLIPS ® are manufactured by Giltspur Scientific, Ltd. U.S. Patent
New COWSLIPS ® PLUS Now Available!
As a result of on-going veterinary research to assess the overall effectiveness of COWSLIPS as well as feedback from veterinary practitioners, professional hoof-trimmers and dairy producers, the company's veterinary research team has designed a longer COWSLIP to compliment the original COWSLIPS. Called COWSLIPS PLUS they have all the same unique features and advantages of the current COWSLIPS with several enhancements:
1/2 inch longer sole to better enable the fitting of all sizes of hooves
Slightly forward tapered sole with approximately 1/8 inch increased depth at the heel. Recent studies at the University of Zurich in Switzerland have shown that a tapered sole wears more evenly and reduces stress at the heel, taking the weight off the flexor tendons
A slight 1mm wider
Rounded rear inside edge of sole for increased cow comfort
In all respects, COWSLIPS and COWSLIPS PLUS remain the most effective and convenient method for treatment of claw disorders requiring weight relief and rest for the affected digit.
For COWSLIPS® information and/or orders, call or write to:
American Giltspur, Inc.
P.O. Box 49433
Sarasota, FL 34320